I don't know about the rest of you, but 2011 was actually pretty awesome for me. It started off somewhat rocky, still getting over a break up, just graduating and not knowing what I was doing with my life, but things picked up very, very quickly.
I went on my first cruise in January and got a killer deal on it. I went with 3 of my close guy friends and had to share a teeny-tiny room with them, which was surprisingly easy. I also ended up meeting one of my best friends during this trip. We came back when Atlanta was iced over, which for me just extended the vacation. It's definitely odd to go from being in a bathing suit on the beach in Mexico to driving on icy roads within a matter of days.
2011 was also awesome because since I graduated in December of 2010, NO SCHOOL! What a relief. All I had to do was work. And even though my job is completely boring, I'm extremely glad to have it.
I also met my wonderful, amazing boyfriend on my birthday (January 19) and after his endless attempts to woo me and get me to spend time with him, I finally gave in. I couldn't be happier that I did. There's definitely something special about being with someone who really pursued you. Things just keep getting better with us.
One of my best friends got married in April and we had a blast on the trip and at the wedding. I really loved being able to be a part of that. (hello, maid of honor right here!)
I moved into a new, adorable house with only one roommate. It's the nicest place I've lived in, aside from my parent's house. I finally have a closet again (walk-in!) after not having one for 4+ years. Old historic houses are weird.
Things I'm looking forward to in 2011:
*Finally becoming debt free and STAYING that way (aside from my school loan).
*Continuing my paid internship and hopefully getting more work from that.
*New business possibilities that are currently in the works. I really hope this one takes over and can actually replace my job, but I have to take things as they come!
*Continuing my relationship and making it stronger. No one has ever made me this happy, and I really hope I do the same for him.
And who knows what else! Hopefully all good things.
I've got my outfit all ready for New Years Eve and I'm looking forward to bringing in the new year with my man, and a whole lot of happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment