Friday, September 30, 2011

Apples to Apples

Let's talk food.

Well, before I get into food, let me state that this is my first real attempt at blogging. Remember livejournal? I had one of those throughout high school, but I don't think that counts. And then I had another one of these which I wrote in and then deleted posts because they were too personal. But this won't be like either of those. What will it be? I guess we'll find out!

Anyway, here it goes!

It's finally feeling like autumn here in Atlanta. In fact, it seems like it turned autumn overnight. One day it was blistering hot, the next evening I'm having to throw on a hoodie to run to the car. But I don't mind. I think most women would agree that we love being able to wear leggings and tights and layers. Especially after enduring the southern heat for what seems like eternity. GIVE IT TO ME.

Along with the wonderful seasonal change, comes the introduction of, you guessed it, the pumpkin spice latte. Once the first cool breeze rolled in, all I heard was pumpkin this, and pumpkin that. Don't get me wrong, I can get down with some pumpkin pie and probably wouldn't turn down one of those lattes, but it seems a bit overload.

Enter my personal favorite autumn flavor... apple. Here is why apples kick pumpkins butt for me every time:

  1. It is a cleaner transition into the seasons. Apples are just as much a cold weather thing as they are a warm weather thing.
  2. Apples are so versatile! You can eat them raw, bake them into a pie, drink their juice (can you imagine pumpkin juice? gross), make them into a sauce, and sip on them as a cider. You can even add some spirits into that last one and hello!
  3. They come in a variety of colors and flavors. My personal favorite is the granny smith apple dipped in yogurt. Yum!
  4. I'm not sure about this one, but let's assume it's true that apples are nutritionally better for you than pumpkins.

So obviously apples rule and pumpkins drool. And there's that fun game I mentioned in the title, Apples to Apples. Although, I don't understand what apples actually have to do with the word game, just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment